Jackie brings a diverse range of skills and knowledge to her family law practice. Her goal is to provide clear and comprehensive advice to clients while helping them navigate the emotionally challenging family law process.
Prior to joining the Family Law team at Elvin Lawyers, Jackie practiced in general commercial law, wills & estates, and conveyancing.
Jackie has a unique background, having practised law in her regional hometown of Warrnambool as well as assisting partners at a top tier law firm in Canada. Her family law practice is based on a combination of these experiences – the compassionate, approachable nature of a country town lawyer with the top tier mindset of working efficiently towards a practical and cost-effective outcome.
She graduated from Deakin University with a Bachelor of Law/Criminology and also holds a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice. She is currently enrolled in a Masters of Applied Law (Family Law).
Our family law team is regularly in court proceedings as well as negotiating out of court settlements, including:
- Binding financial agreements
- Consent orders for the division of parenting and parenting arrangements
- Parenting agreements
- Joint Divorce Applications
- Interspousal property transfers following separation
- Matters involving clients or children from the LGBTQI+ community
- Family violence intervention orders
- Adult child maintenance claims
- Divorce proceedings where one party is overseas or there is a disputed separation date
- Property disputes
- Parenting disputes