Jason practises in Wills & Estates and Property Law.
He is a senior lawyer with over 7 years’ experience advising on Wills, Estates and Property law matters and appearing in most courts and tribunals in Victoria. He is an experienced negotiator who provides clear advice and works exceptionally hard to get results.
He was admitted to legal practice in 2014, having completed his Bachelor of Laws with second class honors from Deakin University in 2013. Before joining the team at Elvin Lawyers, Jason was an in-house Counsel lawyer for State Trustees for 3 years, gaining extensive experience in estate planning, testator family maintenance claims (claims against the estate) and Court litigation.
Before State Trustees, Jason worked as a lawyer in a busy firm gaining knowledge in various areas of law including family, property, contract, commercial and civil law. Such experience continues to be invaluable to Jason when determining how best to assist his clients.
In his spare time, Jason is determined to pull a perfect espresso shot and is a passionate supporter of Fiorentina in Serie A football (soccer).
Jason has successfully:
- brought claims by adult children for a greater share of the estate; and
- acted for an executor to defend claims by adult children for a greater share of the estate; and
- brought and defended legal proceedings to determine the capacity of a willmaker and to determine the validity of a will; and
- brought legal proceedings to recover estate property; and
- acted for attorneys in elder abuse matters; and
- acted in Administration and Guardianship cases in VCAT.
Jason also assists clients to plan and administer estates, including:
- providing Estate planning advice with consideration given to tax minimization and asset protection; and
- preparation of Wills; and
- preparing Powers of Attorney; and
- preparing Appointment of Medical Treatment Decision Maker documents; and
- preparing and filing Probate applications; and
- preparing and filing application for Letters of Administration.